Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Out with the old, in with the new[ish]

So, the other day, I'm really ticked off. So, randomly I pick up my guitar and start to play.

Funny story about the guitar. When I was thirteen or fourteen, I BEGGED my parents for a guitar for Christmas. They made me promise I'd play it, etc. etc, because it was really expensive. I agreed. I was really excited, I was gonna be like, the next Taylor Swift! My friend taught me how to play "Wake Me Up When September Ends" and "Time of Your Life"Of course, two weeks later, I forgot everything.

So, anyway, I pick up my guitar, start to strum, and I look on my nightstand, and see the book my parents bought me when I got my guitar. I pick it up, flip through, and then... I decide I'm going to teach myself how to play.

I had a revelation recently: I have some pretty bad habits. Well, everyone does. But my current mission is to be a good person, an inspiration. These bad habits are keeping me from being that inspiration. I decided that I was done with these bad habits, basically that I was stopping them. Cold Turkey. It's tough, but for the first time in a really long time, I feel self-confidant. It's weird. But, it's a really good weird :) So, out with the old bad habits, and in with the newish habit of playing guitar!!

Oh, and really quick: I just need to scream because Katie Stevens was just voted off American Idol! She's the only one I really liked, and I voted ALLLL night for her last night :( She's from Connecticut, too. Cool stuff.

And anybody else watch Glee last night? I LOVED Jonathan Groff and Idina Menzel's guest appearances! Now Elphaba (Idina) and Glinda (Kristen Chenoweth) have both been guest stars on Glee!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...