Sunday, April 10, 2011

On College

In two years, I will be finishing up my Freshman year at college. Wow. that's actually a really scary thought. Don't get me wrong, I can't WAIT to go away and start my life, but it's such a scary concept. For just over nineteen years, I will have depended on my parents for food, clothes, help, advice, etc. And then suddenly, I can't anymore. I've already gotten a taste of what it will be like in my transition from Homeschooling to public school, but it's still gonna be a huge jump for me.

Everybody's asking me, "What do you want to do?" When I reply, "Be a midwife." The looks and replies I get are actually quite humorous. "Oh, they still use those?" "Why would you want to work with people when they're at their craziest?" "EWWW!!" Okay, sorry, next time I'll just say a simple, "I dunno." Of course when I say THAT, people decide it's appropriate to  lecture me about how I SHOULD know. There's no winning in this situation!!

And there's the big, "Where are you going?" When you say "Franciscan University" at a public school, you get laughed at (which kinda sucks). But I'm sorry! I want to go there! Of course if I say "Christendom" I can just say it's a liberal arts school and people will SHUT IT.

These are the times I really miss being homeschooled. My best friend is going to the University of Dallas (which, believe it or not, is a super Catholic school) and many of my other friends are going to really Catholic schools too. It wouldn't be looked upon as strange or weird. Alot of the people I know are looking for the best "party colleges". I don't know about you, but I know a few cheaper ways to party than to go to college.

Anyway, please excuse my rant (if anyone's reading this). Getting ready for College visits (gulp!).

XOX
Katie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...