Sunday, April 10, 2011

Long time no... anything.

I'm here. alive. Not dead. Not slipped off the face of the planet. Not extinct. Etc, etc.

I figured I'd stop by and do some blogging about the things happening in my life....

1. School It's what I do five days a week, seven hours a day. Oh, and must not forget the time it takes up AFTER the day is over, homework and extra help and such. The good news is that my grades are going up! The bad news is I'm probably going to do really badly on the Chemistry test that is scheduled on Tuesday... oops.
2. Emmaus As you may or may not know, I am very very very religious. I'm very involved with a super awesome Youth Group a couple towns over. I go from 6:30-9 ever Sunday night. Recently, the youth group put on their 6th annual Emmaus retreat, and I was blessed enough to be asked to be a leader on the retreat. Let me tell you, what. An. Experience. Honestly, one of the best of my life. Seeing those kids who I touched with my words and actions. And how they SAID I did!!! One girl told me that I really brought back her belief in God. I think that's the biggest compliment that anyone can receive.

3. Hello, Dolly! So, I was in my first ever High School Musical! It's funny, because the drama club is so diverse and nobody really cares. Disney lies, folks. Anyway, I actually got a callback to play Dolly (!!!!!), but didn't get the part. The girl who did, however, is superbly talented, so all the best to her =) I was in the ensemble, which was wicked fun. I'm really sad it's over and the songs will forever be stuck in my head. "Helloooo Dolly well Hellloooo Dolly It's so nice to have youuu bacckkk where yoouuu belonnngg!"

4. Lent As all my Catholic followers know, it's Lent! Well, it's almost over now, but whatever. I gave up Facebook and am doing really well. It really made me realize how I don't really need it. I can survive (surprisingly) without facebook. Sure, I miss it and want to go on, but I realized how much time it took up on a daily basis and how I really don't need it. I hope that after Lent, I won't be going on as often. Maybe I can use the time I used to spend on facebook for me. To read, pray, do some extra studying, actually talk on the phone, who knows! The possibilities are endless =)

Well, that's it. Hopefully I'll keep ya'll up to date a little more often =)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...