Thursday, July 12, 2012

Tried and true sunburn relief

On Tuesday, I went to the beach with my friend and sister. We were having a great time, swimming around, splashing each other and laughing. It was a lot of fun. See how much fun we were having?

My sister is on the right looking like a total creeper.
 When we got out of the water, we decided to tan. I forgot one thing:

Irish don't tan.

They b u r n.

So I come home, and my skin matches my hair.

Obviously, it hurts. A lot. I've decided to share my wisdom on how to make sunburns feel better.

1. WEAR SUNBLOCK. DO NOT BE STUPID LIKE ME.
2. Aloe Vera. Omigosh. Feels sooo good. But make sure you splurge and get the gel. Also make sure it has no alcohol in it, because that stings.
3. Lemon Juice. Strange but true. I soaked a few washclothes in it and stuck them in the freezer. Sweet relief.
4. Cold showers/baths. DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THIS.
5. Baking Soda. This one's tricky. Either put it in a bath, or make a paste. But make a thin paste. When it's too thick, it's extremely painful to put on.
6. Vinegar. Has the same affect as lemon juice, but leaves you smelling like salt and vinegar chips.

So, if you are unfortunate and get a sunburn this summer, try one of these. Do you have any more home remedies that work for you?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...