Friday, December 17, 2010

Best movies of the decade: The Notebook

The Notebook (2004)

~So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day. Will you do something for me, please? Just picture your life for me? 30 years from now, 40 years from now? What's it look like? If it's with him, go. Go! I lost you once, I think I can do it again. If I thought that's what you really wanted. But don't you take the easy way out.~

Why I Love it? The Notebook. It's every girl's favorite movie. The story is compelling, and, well, every one of us wants a Noah. After seeing the movie, I read the book. This is the one movie that is better than the book. The book is vague and boring. This is so much better. They add so much to it. Allie and Noah's story is cliche, city girl, country boy, can't end up together because of their differences. Blah, blah blah. I'm not sure how, but this movie makes it seem so different. Maybe it's the relationship. Allie and Noah have a love/hate relationship. Yet, somehow, despite their differences and fights, Allie and Noah make it. I think one of the reasons that I, and every other girl that has seen it, love it is because it realisticallyl shows a relationship. No relationship is perfect, like so many fairytales show. The Notebook is a fairytale, but it shows real love. The love you fight for, fight WITH.

~it wasn't over, it still isn't over~


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...