Wednesday, December 7, 2011

College Visits

So, this weekend I went to go visit three colleges in the Virgina/DC/Maryland area.

Christendom College, The Catholic University of America and Mount Saint Mary's University.

The good (and bad) part is: I LOVED all three colleges. Here's a little "play-by-play" on what happened at each school.

On Saturday, we left and drove to Winchester, VA, which is about a half hour away from Christendom. Because I am SO smart, I forgot a blanket, so we stopped at a Walmart on the way and I got my future college bedding. It's cute, I know. It's also very ME.

On Sunday morning, my parents and I went to mass at Christendom. It was a lovely Latin Mass and the priest gave a wonderful homily about preparing for Christ's birth in Advent. After mass, I met my student ambassador and she took me to brunch. Then, I went back to her dorm and helped the girls decorate for the Christmas party that was that night. It was so much fun and the girls really made me feel like I had been at the school just as long as the rest of them. I went to three classes on Monday: Latin (the teacher was hysterical!), Literature (so interesting) and Theology (they were reviewing their midterm and discussing things I had no idea about. but it was interesting all the same.)

After my parents picked me up from Christendom, we went to go see the Muppets.

GO SEE IT RIGHT NOW YOUR LIFE WILL NOT BE COMPLETE UNTIL YOU DO IT IS AMAZING IT IS AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!!!!

okay.

On Tuesday, we went to DC and got a tour of the Catholic University of America. The campus was gorgeous and IN DC!!! I LOVE DC so that is just amazing.

After that, we went to Mount Saint Mary's University. My admissions counselor let the cat out of the bag and told me I was accepted (with scholarship) before I read my letter. When I got home, I found out that scholarship was for $16,000. PER  YEAR.

So, now's the big question: Where am I spending the next four years of my life? It's a HUGE decision, exciting and terrifying all at the same time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...